Don't Trash the 'Nati

Friday, August 12, 2005

For those of you biting your nails in anticipation for me...I have to announce...I didn't get the job! I received a call last night at 6pm while Todd and I were in the furniture store. We just learned the tragic news that the bed frame we wanted would not be available for EIGHT WEEKS! (This is a problem as we have a mattress arriving TODAY.) So as we were contemplating the $700 bed frame, and I was internally struggling with the idea of spending $1900 total on a bed and mattress as I am currently unemployed, my phone rang, and I learned that I would be unemployed a little while longer. Great timing Kathy Kearns...Great fucking timing. I started crying and Todd and I just left the furniture store and sat on a bench outside. Now that I think about it, I hope that the furniture seller didn't think I was crying because I couldn't get the bed I wanted.

Then Todd and I went into Stein Mart to look at shoes. This was the first (probably last) time I have ever (will ever) be in a Stein Mart. They had: Leopard print shoes, leopard print luggage (multiple varieties!), leopard print jewelry, leopard print purses, leopard print plates, leopard print sweaters, leopard print candle holders, and I am sure I have not exhausted the list of leopard print items they sold. We just kind of had to get out of there...Quickly.

Todd insisted he take me out to eat, despite my protests that we need to save our money because we aren't going to be able to afford our rent, then we will have to join the ranks of the homeless on Main Street. We walked across the parking lot and chose between the two Mexican-themed restaurants in the strip mall. I had a margurita, yum. Of course, to end the evening, it started to pour. ..and we were parked on the other side of the strip mall. I offered to walk through the rain, as I was not wearing work clothes. If my shoes were not waterproof they would have been destroyed.

I came home and found that Todd sent me an e-mail with the subject, "don't say I didn't warn you" and this link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6448213/did/8888579/

Ha. ha. ha.

So now my fate is sealed. I am going to die because I am unemployed and my television is in Farmington.

I should probably go pound the pavement and look for some kind of job to tide me over. Todd's boss said that his wife's company is looking for an administrative assistant. Yippie skippie. They sell car parts. I can hardly contain my excitement over that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home