Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Todd and I officially have no food in our apartment. Since Sunday is our grocery shopping day, we had to go out to eat last night. After parousing the dining guide, we decided on Hamburger Mary's, which is described as: "Hamburger Mary parties like no place else! Mary serves great food, drinks and music in the city's most unique atmosphere." (Todd and has dad have been there before and his dad wouldn't stop raving about the hamburgers) We walked about 6 blocks to get there and were greeted by the strangest host I've ever met. He was about 40, balding, and wearing white face paint, red lipstick and giant black rimmed glasses. As a watched all the waiters busting about, I began to pick up on a theme, "Gay." I'm really quite suprised that this place exists in Cincinnati, which doesn't seem to have the friendliest of attitudes towards those who are anything but hetero. After being seated under a giant poster of Bert and Ernie, we selected our dinner and ate. It was good, but I wouldn't rave for days about the food. Word of advice, don't order the spicy fries. Todd tried to warn me, and I should have listened, but they tasted like they had been coated in barbeque chip flavoring. Bleh. I'm going to have to go again on a Thursday night, because they have won best Karaoke two years in a row. I bet a crowd like that would be very warm to my selections of Dionne Warwick or Abba.

I have been wanting Ice cream for a long time now, so I convinced Todd to go with me to "Scary Kroger" to buy some ice cream. We returned a video to "The-worst-Blockbuster-ever" and picked up a new one. I wouldn't have gotten a video, except we had a free rental coupon. After walking through, and declaring loudly that I couldn't even find a video I would want to rent for free, we decided upon a stand-up comedy act by Margaret Cho. Todd wouldn't let me get "Blind Date Uncensored." DAMN HIM! We also contemplated "Black Knight" starring Martin Lawrence, because I have not yet seen this work of true comic genius. For those of you who know, this is a film I have been obsessed with since I saw this review in the State News 4 years ago. http://www.statenews.com/section.phtml?date=1006837200&sec_id=msandu&sec_num=8 If you get a chance, read the review!

So we went to scary Kroger after Blockbuster, and boy was that a mistake. There is a reason that everytime we leave scary Kroger, we say that we are never going back. Aside from a collection of the scariest people you have ever seen, scary Kroger smells like rotting meat, and has a terrible ice cream selection. Basically, all the ice cream cartons are covered in ice and snow so thick that it is difficult to read the labels. Sometimes, you have to just pick one, go home and dethaw it before you even know what flavor you bought. There was also a package of frozen chili covered in ice mixed in with the ice cream. I wondered how long it had been there... I am never going to scary Kroger again!

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM , Blogger TKP said...

Kim-

Saw your comment and I'm SO excited about the program at MSU!!! Its about time that something happened. I read an article about a recent "increase" in rapes (nb-it's probably really just an increase in REPORTED rapes) at Worcester State college and they didn't even ask for the woman's perspective ONCE in the entire article. Worcester State college has sexual assault training for men which emphasizes the dangers of sleeping with an intoxicated person because "she might change her mind the next morning and decide it wasn't consensual afterall." I'm glad they're teaching defenseless young frat boys to gaurd against such vengeful bitches!!!

P.S.--I'm putting a link to your blog on mine, so my random friends might start reading your posts...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home