Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, August 14, 2005

This is what happens when old people figure out how to use the internet.

I need to stage an intervention. Grandma: I know you love me, and I love you too, but LAY OFF THE FORWARDS.

It all started with an e-mail about how perscrition drug prices are about 4,000% the cost of the ingredients that make up the drug. Thanks for the info, I kind of knew that already. The persription drug companies suck; and they totally prey on old foks. Thats one of the reasons I vote Democratic. (I'm glad you forwarded that to all you republican daughters.)

Then I got an e-mail entitled "Awaken the Fearsome Eagle." Uh oh. This e-mail goes on and on about all the biblical references to Iraq. Then it says something about the Koran and how the Koran must have predicted that Iraq would fall at the hands of the Eagle (the U.S.) . Uhhh, I don't get it? Big business sucks, support our troops in this holy war against Iraq?

Next week I get an e-mail called "God spilled his paints." After the last one I don't even know if I should bother opening this. It's relatively mild, just a picture of wildflowers in beautiful bright colors.

However, today I got the funniest e-mail ever. I know she sent it with the best of intentions, but I burst out into laughter when I opened it and saw this:
DON'T KEEP PRESSURIZED CANS IN YOUR CAR!!!!

Errr, I know she meant well, but I'm not an idiot grandma...thanks for the funny pic, though.

At least my Grandma sends me forwards that are remotely humorous. My mom just sends the e-mails that are like: Beware! If you go to a rest stop and somebody tries to sell you perfume, don't smell it. It will be ether and then you will pass out and they will rape you. Or...Beware! If an unmarked police car is trying to pull you over, drive to a gas station because chances are, they are not a cop and they will rape you. And she wonders why I majored in Women's Studies...

2 Comments:

At 11:17 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Kim, that is hilarious! "Beware the Fearsome Eagle" Hahhaha!!

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Hi, its me again. I am embarassed to say that I don't understand the one about the pressurized cans. What, if one is in the trunk it can bust through the back seat????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home