Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, October 31, 2005

So much has been going on in the past week, I hardly know where to start.

Dana and Mo came to visit for the weekend. They arrived Thursday night and I took two days off work in order to show them around. We went to a bar down the street and had some drinks on Thursday. When we got home my throat was very scratchy and I thought I might have been bothered by the smokey air in the bar. I went to sleep and woke up at 4am with the worst sore throat of my life. My throat was so swollen, I was gagging everytime I swollowed. I had never felt anything this bad since I had mono, and I had a bad feeling something was wrong, so I told Todd and he suggested I go to the hospital. I went to the hospital. I didn't have strep throat. In fact, they didn't even know what it was, so they told me to get some cough drops and call them if I got a fever. God-damnit! I felt terrible!

In case you didn't notice, I lived but I think I might have the bird flu.

My symptoms have changed, now I have the most congested head ever. I came home early from work today because I was feeling so rotten. When I had mono, I didn't miss a day of work, and yet this cold is bringing me to my knees.

I had a fabulous time with my house guests! We went thrifting all day on Friday and on Saturday we went to the Underground Railroad Freedom Center, which was fabulous museum. We played two rousing games of Scrabble on Saturday night (aren't we wild) in which Todd proved victorius both times.

I thought it might be strange to have weekend long guests and I was worried that I wouldn't know how to entertain them properly, but there was never a dull moment. It was so nice to be able to spend such a long time with people who come from the same place you came from and understand everything you went through. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have any siblings to relate to. Even when we were just watching movies and playing scrabble, it was fun.

Today I got my first Postcrossing post card in the mail from Finland. It was so exciting to be suprised with a postcard from a random person around the world. So far I have sent out 10 postcards and 5 have been received. If all goes according to plan, I should get one for ever one I send out. Nobody understands my excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home