Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I was chatting with another secretary today and I casually mentioned that I had just finished up my undergraduate degree this year. Then she said, "Oh, you must be really young, then. How old are you, like 25?"

I don't know how to take this? Does this mean that I look like I am over 25 and she was surprised to hear of my youth? I know that I present myself as very mature and professional, and I want to look older, but do I really want to look THAT old?

AND...who takes 7-8 years to finish college? Well, I guess some people might, but if somebody told me they just finished school I would assume that they were 22 or 23.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Blogger Pot and Lid said...

there is nothing wrong with being in college for seven years and not being a doctor at the end of it....

 
At 6:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then there are those of us who panic when they relize they'll graduate before they turn 21, then add a degree in Women's Studies to put off growing up for another year.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Ahem. It has been 12 years since I graduated from HS, and I am STILL working on my Bachelors.....

 
At 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with dana. i am not even close to a bachelors. i just need to stick to a major though....hehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home