Don't Trash the 'Nati

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I have done my first day of presentations at the local high schools and I have survived.

In fact, I really liked it!

To be honest, I was quite terrified in the days leading up to it. As I walked into the school at 6:50am today, I was trying not to think about running out the door and going back to bed.

Most of the students participated, and they didn't need too much probing. It was great to see the light bulbs go off over their heads when they started to "get it." I ended up structuring the presentation so I posed (somewhat leading) questions to them in order to get their responces. They were asked to fill out a response sheet, and under the comments section most students said that they liked "talking to an adult about this stuff," "the debates," and "the presentor." Awwww. It made my heart melt to read them! Some of them said that they "were really thining about relationships differently." Awww!

I am very excited about going back and I had a few students ask if we could do the same activities again!

1 Comments:

At 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

better change your profile...looks like you're not gainfully unemployed anymore. congrats on the job, it sounds great.

TKP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home