Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Does anybody know what causes massive amounts of eye goop? (Besides pink eye) I thought that perhaps my eyes were creating more eye goop when I slept due to an increase in dust in my apartment. However, this problem has recently been extending beyond just when I wake up in the morning. I get eye goop all day long, in big green sticky clumps that gets crusty if I don't wipe it away. Perhaps this is grossing you out, as well it should, because I am at my wits end. This was also a problem at Todd's parents house and I know they don't have a dust problem.

Speaking of Todd's parents, I just got back from spending 5 days with them. (Really it was more like 4 and a half, but I round up when speaking about dealing with parents.) Todd's 'rents really are lovely people. They are so caring and loving and mushy that I shouldn't complain about them. At one point, I was alone in Todd's room with the door open and Barbara came in and gave me a 30 second hug while kissing my cheek and telling me how happy they were that I was there and how they love me sooo much. Nice, yes. Strange, yes. My parents aren't even that happy to see me. The thing is, spending 5 days with the McK's is very intense. You must do everything together. Finally, on Saturday, Todd and I decided to go out for coffee ALONE in the evening and in order to get out of the house we had to tell his parents where we were going, what route we were going to take, what our back-up plan would be if that place had burned down by the time we got there and what we were planning to drink. phew. I suppose interest in your child is supposed to keep them from doing drugs, but after 5 days, I need a drink.

Still, I feel rotten complaining about them. They really are the most generous and loving parents I know.

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM , Blogger embee said...

eye gunk could have something to do with over-active tearducs. don't know if it would be a problem that would just pop up now and again, though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home