Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, November 28, 2005

On Tuesday and Wednesday of next week I am going to be giving 10 (yes, 10!) presentations to High School classes on Dating Violence and Date Rape. My interview is on Monday, and then the next two days they will be paying me to do they job I might get. Hmmm, I wonder if they want to hire me or not?

I am scared shitless. The last time I was in a high school for an extended amount of time was, well, when I was in High School.

How am I going to teach pukey High School students about a subject I am so passionate about without bursting into tears or getting really defensive when/if they challenge me? Moral support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Kim,
You can do it! The DRandCC people oviously believe you have what it takes. Get out there and work the crowd, don't stop till you have those high schoolers eating out of the palm of your hand and begging for more!!!!

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Pot and Lid said...

kim. you can do this. if any high school boy challenges you, just callhim a rapist and move on. we've seen the percentages... chances are you will be right...

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger TKP said...

Drotar-iffic:

You can do it! I work with 17-18 year old (college students, granted) all the time and I find if you walk in there acting like you know your stuff, they will respect you. Don't "uptalk" (i.e. end your sentences sounding like you're asking a question?). That seems to be a dead underconfidence giveaway. Also, having your fly up would be ideal. Go get 'em, tiger!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home