Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, September 25, 2006

Okay, I lied about that being my last post for the week. Todd and I went out to eat to celebrate his promotion (!!!!) this evening. Okay, okay, we were actually just too lazy to cook and we're running out of food.

On the drive northbound on I-71 we noticed countless police cars with their lights flashing that were parked over every bridge and near every exit. Was it a manhunt? Was it an amber alert? Was it a lion escaped from the zoo and roaming the streets?

It didn't take long to realize that there was no traffic on southbound I-71. We remembered that the President was in town for a factory tour and a fundraising dinner. And everything started to make sense.

After driving a few miles we saw oodles of police cars with their lights flashing going down I-71 southbound. Then about 4 limousines with mini-American flags then about 8 white unmarked vans then an ambulance then about 25-30 police cars. We saw the President's entourage going in the opposite direction on the express way! Pretty cool, huh?

This is where I would normally say something snide about him being in town and wasting community resources but I will hold my tongue because I don't want to get flagged the FBI. You never can be too cautious these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home