Don't Trash the 'Nati

Friday, September 15, 2006

Today I was walking outside to buy a bottle of water and a stick of rollos for my lunch and I walked past the most adorable children walking with their mom. First I saw a little girl, maybe about 2 1/2 and she was pushing a tiny pink baby stroller with her baby doll strapped inside. Then I saw her older brother, maybe about 4, pushing a tiny blue baby stroller with a little baby strapped inside. Absolutely adorable, and they made me smile.

Yesterday my friend Persephone and I went to go and see the Melissa Ferrick concert in Kentucky. I was a really great time and her opening act, Dayna Kurtz, was phenomenal! I was certainly tapping my toes quite a bit and I wondered why I never got into Melissa Ferrick. Lord knows I hung out with enough lesbians in college.

When I got home I had a cd from lala.com waiting for me in my mailbox. It is the Imani Coppola CD, Chupacabra. I bought it in high school and it, along with Ani DiFranco helped me get through my sophomore year of high school. It's really fun and it brings back all sorts of nostalgic feelings.

I am totally ready for this weekend. Then I have to go to work for a week and then I am on vacation! Woohoo! I have to send 25 postcards from Disneyland - to places like Hungary, Hong Kong, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, Italy, New Zealand. It's kind of amazing how small the world really is.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: CUTE KIDS

a lot of them come into guitar center with their parents. one girl talked to me extensively about injuries she obtained whilst playing outside or jumping on her best friend's bed. another dragged a shopping bag full of microphone cables along the floor as he toddled behind his dad.

the other day on the pier we saw a kid turn on a tape recorder and start BREAK DANCING. he was probably four or five.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home