Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Only 13 days until my birthday...and coincidently the day we fly to California. Let's hope the plane doesn't crash because that would make a horrible birthday.

I'm completely ready to go on this vacation. It will be the first real vacation with Todd and I. We've gone to his cottage and to his cousin's wedding in Houston but it's never been just the two of us. I think I know why - good lord is it expensive! In any case, it will be a great time and we are looking forward to being at the wedding of our friends James and Melissa. Mostly, though, I am looking forward to our day trip to Disneyland! Woohoo! I can't wait to ride on the Haunted Mansion...it's my favorite.

I need to get a good knitting project started before I leave for the trip. I found a pattern for a baby onesie that looks like an ear of corn. I'm going to make it for my new cousin. Maybe I should get started on it before I leave. I certainly hope I can knit on the plane because it will be quite tragic if I am forced to surrender my knitting needles at the gate.

My mom and I were talking about my knitting for my cousin (they don't know the sex of the baby). My mom was so worried that I was going to make something too feminine or masculine. We had a brief tift about genderizing children from birth and now my hypothetical son will be wearing the pinkest, frilliest, laciest dress I can find when he goes to see my mother. (Just to drive her crazy.) Apparently my mom worries that my son will turn into a "sissy" if he wears pink. I think that's the way my mom says "gay." So I said, "If I have a sissy for a son I will love him no less. And if my son or daughter are gay that's fine, too!" That shut her up.

Despite this I'm finding myself strangely anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. After such a long period of time with no changes in our family it will be nice to have two new official adults (my aunt's husband and Todd) and the baby, due right after Christmas. I think Todd might be entered into the family X-mas gift exchange this year. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that people have the decency to keep their mouths shut about making critical comments about our wedding not being held in a church. At lease I know Patty will have my back.

Todd and I learned that it is free to get married in the Empire State Building Chapel on Valentines Day so we considered it this week. Oh well, no turning back now.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Todd said...

I think you should just dress up all of your children in food-related costumes - knitted corn ear onesies, potato sacks, polyester cheese wheel cumberbunds. That way you don't have to worry about genderizing your kids, plus you can teach them healthy eating habits at the same time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home