Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year! This was a very different new years for me. I usually get all nostolgic and write up a big year in review for my personal journal. I know it sounds cliched, but this year it just snuck up on me. I just wasn't ready to reflect on the year. Maybe it's because I feel like it's my first official year as an adult and I don't really have those milestones to look forward to and gage time.

I mean, I've been ready for 2006 to be over since early last January. I've spent so much time this past year thinking about 2007 (the wedding) that I've been accidently writing 2007 on my checks since March. I just feel like 2006 had to happen, it had to exist, but only as filler space between getting me to 2007, the year I really want to be in. So it's here. And that means it's wedding crunch time. I've already had my first wedding related nightmare of 2007. Fun times!
(It's especially frusterating because I don't even CARE about wedding details. So why am I having nightmares that it's my wedding day and I don't have the proper underware, flowers or my hair done? I don't even really care about those things!)

I also have to light a fire under my butt to get in my teach for america application. It's due on Jan 7 and I still have to write my letter of intent and my essay. It's been, what, 18 months since I've written an essay? I can't even remember how I used to do it!

Let's hope that by this time next year I will be a married woman living in Philadelphia and teaching. Fingers crossed everybody! I'm quite ready to get out of Cinci. If I don't get accepted in TFA our plan is to move away from Cinci by our first wedding anniversary. So either way, I'll be moved or planning a move by next year. Then I guess I'll have to change the name of the blog. Any suggestions?

Todd is going to Orlando for a work conference tomorrow until Sunday afternoon. I wish I could go too. I'm not ready to go back to work. It is annoying that I had to spend my holiday (today) in bed/on the couch with a horrible cold. Phooey. I feel like I am always sick on work holidays.

In case you care, here are my top albums of 2006:
1. Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
2. Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of this Country
3. Hello Saferide - Introducing...Hello Saferide
4. I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends
5. Heikki - Heikki2
6. Regina Spektor - Begin To Hope
7. Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - #3
8. The Essex Green - Cannibal Sea
9. The Pipettes - We Are The Pipettes
10. Nouvelle Vague - Band a Part

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home