Don't Trash the 'Nati

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I went out to dinner and a movie with some of the women in my bookclub this evening. Dinner was wonderful, and we chose Elizabethtown as the movie choice of the evening. Being opening weekend, the movie was sold out and so we were all crammed in next to some of the most obnoxious people in the universe. I generally only see rated "R" movies, so it is so foreign to me to be next to kids who have their moms pick them up after the movie is over. I knew these girls were going to be trouble. We sat down and there were about 5 girls already who glared at us and said, "those seats are taken!" We shifted down until we were out of the "taken seat zone." These girls reserved 14 seats! Automatically, I don't like anybody who goes to the movie in a group of 14.

These girls were holding conversations a good 20 minutes into the start of the movie. Like full-on, "ohmygod, WHAT did he say? And then she did that? I can't believe she did that?" Every phrase out of their mouths was ended with their voices inflecting up, as though they were asking a question.

These girls started SHRIEKING when they saw sights from Kentucky. (The movie is set in Kentucky.) It was like they were small children seeing themselves on TV for the first time at the camcorder display at Best Buy.

When Orlando Bloom leaned in to kiss Kirsten Dunst, she started to yell at the screen, like she was stealing their boyfriend or something. Okay little girls, you are 14, idiotic, and live in Kentucky. Orlando Bloom is NEVER going to want to kiss you. Ever.

All the while, they were TEXT MESSAGING people through the entire movie. You are here with 14 people, how many more people do you know? I don't think I even called 14 different people the entire time I was in high school!

I wonder if this is what my sister Nicole must act like when she goes out into public. These girls were infuriating, like they were such hot shit. They were so inconsiderate of all the people around them. People should have to take a maturity test before going to the movies. Groups of more than 4 should be split up. One of the women with me whispered to me and said, "I think I might make front page news tomorrow with what I am about to do to these girls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home