Don't Trash the 'Nati

Thursday, December 08, 2005

My second day of presentations went really well. I was happy with the participation and after reading their comments, I know they are beginning to understand.

Except for one guy.

He said that if a woman asks their attacker to use a condom, she must want to have sex with him. (Random, I know.) He continued to say that a woman she should always put up a physical fight or it isn't rape. But, I asked "What is she fears for her life? I mean, what if the attacker has a weapon, or is she is afraid that he will truly kill somebody she loves if she puts up a fight." He said that a woman should prefer death to being raped. !!! He said that he would prefer his sister be murdered with her dignity than have to live with the shame of being raped.

OH MY GOD.

I quickly said that the law disagrees with him, rape is nothing to be ashamed of, and changed the subject.

That young man is going to see the inside of a jail cell one day with an attitude like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home