Don't Trash the 'Nati

Saturday, February 11, 2006

In other news, I had a hankering to go wedding dress shopping today. This is the first time in my life that I have wanted to go dress shopping. I went to *shudder* David's Bridal that has been on my shit list since those awful sale commercials where this vapid blonde bride says "I just loooove my dress, it is sooooo pretty."

I tried on five dresses and...surprise, surprise...I definitely DON'T want a princessy poofy monstrosity. Those babies are heavy! I did try on one that I liked a lot, and I was tempted to just buy it and be done with it, but, alas, I am dressless. I'm going back to Michigan the first weekend in April to go and look at venues. I seem to think that once we just get the location everything else will fall into place. The idea of planning a wedding was fun for the first two weeks, but now it just seems like a pain in my ass. Remind me why I can't just elope?

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

because if you elope there is no reception and therefore no gifts. and why get married if you can't get free crap?

kate

oh, and if you look at venues in farmington, you have to call me so we can hang out.

also, you should really think about the warner mansion gazebo, because nothing is classier than getting married 1. where you took your prom pictures and 2. with the sounds of traffic in the background.

 
At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking at dresses online in a sickeningly compulsive way. We are eloping, sort of, because we'll probably get married in Virginia and most of our family members won't come. They can send presents in the mail -- we take checks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home