Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, April 24, 2006

I went to Miami University today. (Not the one in Florida, the one in Ohio.) I remember why college students suck.

I received a phone call at work on Friday afternoon at about 4:40. I was totally thinking about sneaking out of work early for the weekend when my phone rang. It was a female student from Miami University. She wanted to know if we could come and talk to her and her classmates about sexual assault prevention strategies. Hmmm, this is something I am passionate about, why the hell not? When did she want me to come? FREAKING SUNDAY. Yeah, right lady! Like I'm about to give up my weekend on 20 minutes notice. No way - I was beyond annoyed. She had the nerve to ask if anybody could come? Mind you, Miami University is an hour drive from downtown Cincinnati. It would require me to drive 2 hours! I should have just ended the conversation right there, but like a sucker she pleaded with me to go and meet her and her classmates on Monday afternoon and I gave in. Guess what - I did my presentation to two people. I spoke for a while then I asked if they had any questions, they didn't. Who asks somebody to drive for two hours and then isn't even prepared with questions? I'm so annoyed.

In other news:
My mom informed me that I am living in sin and she doesn't understand why we don't "just get married because you are already living together." Indeed, mom, I think you have your answer. Why SHOULD we get married...we are already living together. I'm already getting the milk for free if you know what I mean, wink, wink. We are also not living a "catholic lifestyle." Well, I suppose my mother and godmother are to blame for not guiding my spiritual life. I take no responsibility for that one.

I was watching SNL this weekend and Natalie Portman portrayed TJ Jourian in a sketch - a classmate of mine from MSU and a fellow student activist. TJ is a transmale and was recently part of a documentary called TransGeneration (I think?). As a result he was interviewed by Larry King and the SNL sketch was making fun of Larry King's idiocy. I was so shocked to see TJ Jourian as a character on SNL. I wonder how he feels about it. I don't think they were making fun of him, per say, but seemed to be poking fun at trans people in general - but mostly Larry King.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

drotar. call me again tonight. i lost all of my numbers because i'm a jerk, and couldn't call you back.

laura

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that! I wasn't sure if it was our TJ, but then I forgot to go check if he was in the documentary. I think this means that I am two or three degrees away from sex with Natalie Portman, right? :D

Anne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home