Don't Trash the 'Nati

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Middle Schoolers wear me out. I did three dating violence presentations to the sweetest group of 12-14 year olds today. I am pooped! However, they were so much fun! They were so talkative and energetic and eager to tell me a ZILLION stories about their friends, cousins, aunts, etc. It wore me out.

I think the key to getting through to middle schoolers is to have a sense of humor about yourself and respect them even when they aren't being respectful to you. They quickly start to show you respect when they realize that you are "cool." One girl even asked me if I could stay and talk to them the for the rest of the day.

I get to go back tomorrow to talk about date rape and I am looking forward to it. I'm exhausted, but I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home