Don't Trash the 'Nati

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I have discovered a new time waster. In case you are unfamiliar: www.last.fm It's mind boggling...and addicting...and a bit like big brother. I do think that I am a bit older than the target demographic but I will hold on to the last shreds on my youth.

I'll give you a run down of the premise. You download this program called Audio Sproggler or something like that. Then you listen to music on your computer. The program automatically downloads every song you listen to and compiles a giant list of your favorite artists and albums and songs of the week, month and year. Then the program will match you up with people who have similar taste in music as you. The problem is that it will only record the music you listen to on your computer, not your iPod. So I downloaded iSproggler and now I can record the music from my iPod, too! I need to be careful what I listen to in order to keep up my indie street cred. No more Sinead O'Connor and showtunes for me! Van Halen "Hot for Teacher" came up on my shuffle mode. I was so mortified that I had to play 10 more songs before going to bed so it wasn't on my top 10. As if anybody was looking at my profile.

So, do you use last.fm? Let's be friends!

By the way, my car kicked the bucket last night at the YMCA. I had to have it towed. Todd and I missed the free sneak preview of Little Miss Sunshine. It was really sad to see my car carried off by the tow truck. I told Todd I felt like my child was going off to rehab; it was bittersweet. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but it did. I was eager for the car to get better, but I knew that there might be a long road ahead...and that it was going to be expensive. I thought I was so clever with my analogy.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on last.fm before my computer crashed in may. maybe I will get back on last.fm now that I am up and running and have songs on my itunes again.

"hot for teacher" is not something to be ashamed of. it's taken me a few years but I've come to really appreciate van halen. it probably has something to do with working at a guitar store.

and I'm sorry to hear about the alero, which brought us back and forth on so many high school misadventures. does it really have that many miles on it? I guess it must.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home