Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I just found this tool on the NY Times website and it is so much fun! (I'm such a politics geek.)

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/washington/2006ELECTIONGUIDE.html?currentDataSet=senANALYSIS

I've been really apathetic toward the Ohio senator and governor race this year. I was called last month by a polling place and they asked who I would be voting for and I didn't even recognize the names of the democratic candidates. I'm so embarassed!

I am happy to know that my move to Cincinnati was not in vain. Looks the like the Democrats have a chance to pull this one out after all! We're really in contention for the governor's race and the senate race. I don't want to jinx myself!

The ads are getting really nasty. The Republicans and producing commercials bashing the Democrats and the Democrats are producing ads that defend themselves. I guess the good thing is that the it's getting the Democrats NAME out there. It seems to be the only NAME that is discussed. I actually laughed out loud when I saw a commercial that said: "Sherrod Brown voted AGAINST marriage.......as between a man and a woman." The words "VOTED AGAINST MARRIAGE" in huge letters across the screen. Way to take things out of context, douche-bag. If anything he voted FOR marriage...For marriage equality...it's mind boggling how people really feel that the institution of marriage is being threatened by two people of the same sex when you can currently go to vegas and get married in a DRIVE THROUGH WINDOW. Yeah, that's so sacred...you want a side of fries with those vows?

I was also happy to learn from this website that Debbie Stabenow (from Michigan) is in the lead in her senate race. Way to go Heather! I just love Debbie Stabenow. Jennifer Granholm is, however, not doing so hot. I also love Jennifer Granholm...not as much as Debbie Stabenow but she's still wonderful. Come on ladies! Let's step it up a notch in Michigan. I didn't move away only to see you drop the ball!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home