Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The only thing that Todd and I were sad about missing in Lansing was Video to Go. I love the five videos for five days for $5.55. I love the selection of independent and foreign films. When we moved to Cinci, we figured that we would be able to find something comparable. Imagine our surprise when we opened the yellow pages to see nothing by Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and "Adult Video Stores." After a few trips to Blockbuster we resigned ourselves to never renting videos again. I mean, if I wanted 60 copies of "The Pacifier" I might as well just kill myself.

I did a google search, because I just knew in my heart of hearts that there HAD to be something else out here. I found....Bughouse Video! Much, much, much smaller than Video to Go, but it's a start! The video clerks are friendly! They have a Pedro Almodóvar *section*. They have Da Ali G Show! Sigh. Thanks for existing Bughouse Video...even if I have to drive 25 minutes to the Northside of town to get to you. (By the way, the Northside of town has funny street names, like Cosby and Lingo. These are also the names of shows you can find on daytime cable.)

On our way to Bughouse Video yesterday, we found a pink pamphlet on my windshield. Hmm, what is this? It is a questionnaire. A 200 question questionnaire from the Cincinnati Church of SCIENTOLOGY! Let's do some!
1. Do you make thoughless remarks or accusations which you later regret? Yes
2. Do you browse through railway timetables, directories or dictionaries just for pleasure? Why...yes...
3. Are your actions consideredunpredictablee by many people? No
54. If you saw an article in a shop obviously mistakenly marked lower than its correct price, would you try to get that price? Probably not.
72. Are you perturbed by the ides of "loss of dignity?" Nah, maybe.
98. Would you use corporal punishment on a child age 10 if it refused to obey you? (Yes, that is exactly how it is worded...notice the use of the word "it" to describe a child) Probably not.
146. Do you have a tendency to tidy up the disorder of somebody else house? Absolutely not!
162. Would you like to "start a new activity in the area which you live? Yes. Just not scientology.

That was fun. I was thinking of filling it out, sending it back, but including the name and address of an enemy. Unfortunately I don't have any enemies in Cincinnati...yet. It might be strange if the Cincinnati Church of Scientology was getting mail from people in Lansing, MI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home