Don't Trash the 'Nati

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Todd and I went to see the band "Clap Your Hands Say Yeah" last night in Kentucky. While there, I noticed a girl across the room who was clearly pregnant, maybe about 5 months. She looked young, perhaps younger than me, and I began to think about her life, and if she was married, or if this was a planned pregnancy. I guess I just don't see young pregnant women in bars too often. Then...she lit up a cigarette. Just when I was judging her in my mind for the horrors of smoking while pregnant...a guy went over to her and handed her a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon. So there she was, clearly pregnant, smoking a cigarette and drinking PBR from a CAN! How tacky.

Oh, Kentucky. *sigh*

1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM , Blogger TKP said...

Kimberly!!!

Got your email and love your blog. I once saw a pregnant woman proudly dawning a midriff tube top at a Stereolab/Sonic Youth concert. It seemed more like a "hippie-freedom-of-choice" pregnancy than a "kentucky-fried-low-birth-weight" type though. I'll drop you a line. Say hi to "Todd the God with a mediocre bod" for me...and please remind him that his mother used to regularly tell him that she was "taking the pupsters for a poopster."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home