Don't Trash the 'Nati

Friday, September 09, 2005

The way I see it, I have two options right now. 1) Start applying for jobs outside of Cincinnati. 2) Kill myself.

I'm really starting to get pissed off. Do you mean to tell me that in this entire city, and out of the 50 or so resumes I have sent out, that there is not a single person who thinks I am worthy of being hired? Because if that's the case I have found the city of overachievers. Why did I just bust my ass over the last 4 years, hell, 8 years, to be getting such crappy treatment by potential employers?

It is so unprofessional to call and cancel an interview 90 minutes before the interview, then not leave a number and never call back to reschedule. It is insulting to be hired by a temp agency only to get the run around ever week when you call asking for a placement. Believe me, Janelle, I am quite qualified to do any job you send me on, hell, I could do your job ten times better than you, and I am getting quite sick of your excuses. I am sick of going to interviews and never hearing back from them and constantly getting voicemails when I call to follow up. Amazingly, Saks Fifth Avenue was the most professional place I have dealt with...a RETAIL store!

I came to the realization last night that I am not going to meet my goal of being employed by my birthday, which is now 15 days away. That is a really hard thing to come to terms with. All I want for my birthday is a stable income that isn't insulting.

To top it all off, I have a pimple in my ear, and it hurts.

Any word of encouragement...about the job or the pimple...would be appreciated. I changed my settings so anybody can leave a post.

4 Comments:

At 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can at least share my job and pimple woes. At my internship, so far my only duties have been to watch my boss cut out pictures of mice for a going away party and listening to her call people about some garden tour committe she's on. As for the pimple situation, i have about 7 in a creset going from the middle of the forehead to my left ear. They're almost decorative. Almost.

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

Keep trying a position will open up eventually when someone gets fired for spraying customers with windex. Just remeber you haven't hit bottom until Mc Donald's won't hire you.

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger Dana K said...

Ugh, this is so discouraging! I thought for sure you would get the bank job. Of course, there is always the post office! Perhaps you should ask for a copy of the answers to the civil servants exam for your birthday, hahahah.

 
At 1:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now I am waiting on a lady who e-mailed me saying she will call me at 1 and its 1:20. This job interviewing thing sucks major ass. Let’s make a facebook group. Thats my only solution. The economy is a bit dreadful right now...and we all know who to blame...I too had a pimple on my ear, but I popped it before it had the chance to really bug me. I suggest you do the same.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home