Don't Trash the 'Nati

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Todd is going to kill me for writing this, but as it now affects my life, I feel as though I have a right to post it. Todd has had a cyst growing on his back, right along his spine where the neck meets the back for, oh, about the last 5 months. It has recently become infected and painful, so he went to the doctor, which is how we now know it is a cyst. A surgeon cut it open today and drained it; rather than stitch it closed, he left the incision open and bandaged. Here is where I come in. Every morning for the next 7 - 10 days I have to wake up at 7:00am in order to unbandage the wound, remove the bloody gauze, and stuff clean gauze into the open wound until it heals. Todd said...I hope you have tweezers.

Yes I have tweezers, but I use them on my eyebrows, not your bloody, puss-filled open wound damnit!

Could my life get any worse right now?

Yes, I suppose it could.

I spoke with the director of the Women's Center at University of Cincinnati today. She told me about a job they are going to be creating in order to reach out to underrepresented women...women of color, women with disabilities, lesbians, women with children and international women. She encouraged me to apply for this job...however, 1) how could I ever get this job being none of the above, and 2) if by some occurrence I did get the offer, how could I ever take it knowing that I am none of the above. Just when I get my hopes up...

Yesterday Todd and I went down to Coopers to have dinner. We dined next to a man wearing a shirt with not only one, but two confederate flags on it. Cincinnati, you are so classy.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drotar...

Tell them you're a dyke. I'm a dyke, and you're one of my best friends. it counts. i think. plus...you're kind of slutty. you just happened to meet todd first.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home