Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I answered an online ad looking for a babysitter (because kids are so damn cute and I just can't control myself). Because it is scary to answer online ads, and I am worried that I am going to be kidnapped and sold into a Venezuelan brothel (I don't know if that is a big industry or not, but it might be) I wanted to meet the person who would be hiring me in a public place before going to their house. We exchanged e-mails, talked on the phone, and then planned to meet for lunch. (Just like a real internet relationship.) Today was the day we were planning on meeting, and I let her choose the place. Of course, she chose none other than SKYLINE CHILI to meet. If you recall about a month ago I had a somewhat bad experience at a Skyline Chili, the experience being that it sucked. Trying to be the positive future babysitter, I foolishly agreed to eat lunch there. I have been mentally preparing for it all week, thinking about what I would order and how to gracefully not eat all my food. However, I have been saved today. She called to cancel our lunch meeting and re-scheduled for Sunday. I do not have to eat at Skyline Chili again!

Still no word on the job front. I have terrible butterflies in my stomach when I think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home