Don't Trash the 'Nati

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Today, I hit the postcard jackpot.

This is the day I've been waiting for for a month.

I came home from a long, sweaty day at the shoe store, (You may think I am exaggerating by making it sound like it's a steel plant or something, but it really can be that bad sometimes) to find my tiny mailbox filled with nothing but goodies! I got: 7 postcards, a small package, a Gap catalog and two notices saying that the credit card company was increasing my credit limit. (It only took me 4 years of paying my bills on time pretty much every month, but now I have a credit limit of $550 instead of $300 in each of my cards...isn't that pathetic)

Now, in order to bore you all to tears, I will describe my mail.

1) The best postcard ever! It is a picture of MEAT. Raw meat. From Barcelona, Spain.
2) Picture of Brno Castle from Brno, Czech Republic.
3) Picture of the Olunpi Lighthhouse in Kenting National Park from Taiwan.
4) A picture of a roadrunner (the real bird, not the cartoon) from Tulsa, Oklahoma
5) Steamboat Road, pretty scenery, from Edisto Island, South Carolina
6) Old man of the mountain from Manchester, NH
7) Kind words on an Elvis record postcard from British Columbia, Canada.
8) Package of magnets I forgot I bought on ebay. Now I can hang my new postcards on my fridge!

Today's jackpot increased my postcard collection by about 50%. Hurray!

1 Comments:

At 1:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kim,
i have followed in your footsteps of postcrossing.com. i have sent out 2 cards as of today and can hardly wait to recieve one. i am just thrilled.

love,
your cousin, megan, who looks forward to your daily posts! what a dork am i?

p.s. i am very jealous of your shoe store job. i wish i had any kind of job! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home