Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I think it is safe to say that I have officially bitten off more than I can chew. This whole "freedom from school" thing has caught me off guard. Now that I only work 48 hours a week (55 if you include travel time and lunch breaks) I feel this sense that I can do all the things I have always wanted to do but never had the time to do.

My Projects:
-Make X-Mas stockings for me and Todd (like sew snowmen and reindeer onto actual giant felt stockings...I am so very Martha Stewart)
-Knit scarf for secret santa buddy I know through one of the online message boards I regularly post in. (This is creepy on many levels.)
-Send postcards to half the people in the world. (This postcard obsession is out of control. I have sent out 12 postcards in the last 5 days, and have not received any. Yet, like a compulsive gambler I check my mail everyday thinking, today I'll hit the jackpot. Reciprocity my ass.)
-Organize the few postcards I have received into boxes purchased at Michaels.
-Create special x-mas surprise I cannot mention here because it is a surprise for Todd and he reads this all the time.
-Laundry (I have one load done and about 8 to go.)
-Write article for NOW newsletter. (Rough draft completed)
-Research organization I am interviewing with on Tuesday.

I guess you can't say that I am not making the most of my time.

Today at the shoe store I sold $2,450 worth of shoes! It makes me wish I earned more of a commission. I am flabbergasted. I think my previous record from the Cobbler's Bench was about $1200. I sold two individual people over $600 each, it was amazing. One of those ladies was a 73 year old lady who was telling me that she was going to visit her 50 year old daughter who recently got married. You see, she disapproved because they were "living in sin," for six years. She was worried because if they got into a car accident and died "there's no question they would go to hell." I kept my mouth firmly shut in order to stop myself from gasping at the audacity of this lady. People in Cincinnati can be very nice at times and yet, so offensively candid at other times.

3 Comments:

At 8:01 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Wow Kim, you are a busy bee! I bow before your organizational skills, motivation, and general craftiness. And congrats on the excellent shoe sales!

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger TKP said...

Stop making me laugh out loud in the computer lab...everyone's looking at me...

 
At 7:39 AM , Blogger Linne said...

Your texts are great ! Anyway, coming here once, made me convinced I'll come again, so you can count now your first reader from Finland :-D
Well, in fact I received this URL from your Post Crossing card. I've a (knit) blog too, artisannotes.blogspot.com, unfortunately in Finnish... but with a lot of pictures :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home