Don't Trash the 'Nati

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Todd and I decided to explore a new enclave of the city of Cincinnati tonight. We set our sights on Mt Lookout and drove along the scenic Columbia Parkway to get there. We ate at Zip's cafe whose claim to fame is "the best dive bar in Cincinnati" for 5 years straight! Hurray for Zips! Of course we ordered the Zipburger. Yum! I love dive bars.

After dinner we got coffee/hot chocolate at Lookout Joes Coffee Shop and Todd read a book about the frontier history of Ohio and I knitted. (I think that 40 years from now I could easily describe us doing those same activities on a Friday night.) We are so wild and crazy.

I think I annoyed Todd because I was talking about "Our special Daaayyyy" too much. Sorry.

Tomorrow I have to drive Todd to the doctor to get he cyst on his back removed. I certainly hope this time I don't have to bandage his open wound every morning. That was totally gross.

Work has been great since I have befriended a woman named Christina. Unfortunately she is moving to Columbus in a few months. Drat! She has, however, filled me in on all the office gossip, and believe me, there is office gossip galore! She is one of the youngest people in the office (I think I am the youngest, as usual) and we talked about how difficult that is. It's nice to have an ally at work. Maybe I will ask her to hang out after work or on the weekend or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home