Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, May 01, 2006

Am I the only person who is getting annoyed with the "pain at the pump" montage the news stations are doing everyday. I mean, why is the top news story is that gasoline is costing a quarter more per gallon than it was a few weeks ago. We get it, we see it when we are buying gas. We all grumble and deal with it. Good lord will people just deal with it!?!

Gasoline is never going to be 89 cents a gallon ever again.

The news stations have been doing polls asking people how they are dealing with "high" gas prices. People have been driving less, car-pooling, walking more and using public transportation. Hmmm, sounds like a great plan to me! I don't see how any of those things are bad. People have been faced with a "hardship," and are now adjusting their life to accommodate the new needs.

I think we should raise the cost of gasoline to $5.00 a gallon. Then maybe we will see some action. Perhaps scientists will work around to clock to create more energy efficient cars and alternative energy sources. Maybe communities will organize vast car-pooling systems. Perhaps cities will even put more funding into public transportation systems that are efficient!

Hurray! Sounds like a good plan to me!

Todd and I are visiting Michigan this weekend. We are going to look at other possible venues for this damn wedding. Right now we are thinking about a May 2007 wedding in a garden with the reception at the [URL=http://www.detroithistorical.org/exhibits/index.asp?MID=1]Detroit Historical Museum in the Streets of Old Detroit exhibit.[/URL] Look at it and tell me what you think!

I've said this before (and people think I am joking, but I am not): if we can't just secure a date and place Todd and I are going to get married at city hall on 6/6/06. (Because that would be so goth.)

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that the detroit historical museum was closing?

I hope not because I'd really like to see that exhibit. and I think a wedding there would. be. amazing.

 
At 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

drotar. i vote streets of old detroit for sure!

weddings need MORE COBBLESTONE.

-laura

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

I have already stated my position loud and clear:

STREETS OF OLD DETROIT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

And make sure to keep the Faygo flowin' during the reception!

 
At 5:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are going to court alone (VA doesn't require witnesses) and having a wedding later. We figure our families will get over it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home