Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I just submitted my Teach For America application. Then I recieved an e-mail telling me that last year there was only a 13% acceptance rate. Eeek!

Thanks for keeping me from getting too cocky.

Keep me in your thoughts while I am going through the application process. I am certainly going to need all the positive vibes I can get.

Todd arrived home just in time to help me put the finishing touches on my essays. I am so happy to have him back. I missed him.

I think that I have narrowed down my top choices for placements: Charlotte, St. Louis and Memphis. Those cities have a much cheaper certification process and it is likely that I will be able to get a masters in education if I go to those areas. Combined with lower cost of living, I think those will be the best choices for Todd and I. I wish that the climates were colder, but we can always move to the north after we are done. The north will wait for us.

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps I'm dense, but I can't understand how there are so many people that are eager to teach at-risk, inner city youth. Do I misunderstand the program?

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger plumnbagel said...

Anonymous' post reminds me of a quote from The Simpsons. When Lisa asks why her incredible substitute teacher won't stay in Springfield instead of moving to teach in Capitol City, he answers, "That's the problem with being middle-class. Anybody who really cares will abandon you for those who need it more."

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Anonymous, I suppose if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand anyway.

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

That quote is so funny.

And Anon must not understand the program. If he/she knew anything abt TFA, he/she would know that they are very particular and only accept THE VERY BEST candidates.
Like Kim!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home