Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

With only 25 days to go before W-day my mom reminded me of her plans to make me a white satin bag for me to carry at the wedding. The purpose of the bag, you ask? So that I can collect the cards filled with money or checks that people will be bringing to me. (!!!)

Todd suggested that she bedazzle a dollar sign on the bag, a la those cartoon bank robbers.

My mom told me about these plans months ago, and I put up a bit of a fight and hoped that she would forget about it.

The only thing tackier would be if I opened the cards, took out the cash and stuffed it down my dress into my bra. Yes, I think that Kate Williams would find that very amusing.

Anybody want to stage a robbery in order to get me out of carrying around that tacky tacky bag? You could even wear a Hamburgler mask and yell "robble robble."

3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Why wouldn't these people put the cards on the gift table like at EVERY OTHER WEDDING EVER?

2. I AM very amused.

3. I hereby volunteer to be the burgler.

Kate

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger TKP said...

Roble...Roble??? I am literally in tears from laughing too hard to speak!!!!!!!! That is some OLD school shit...

 
At 12:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, be happy you can carry around that bag, you and Todd need money more than a salad spinner, and I am suprised Donna would make it for you. Maybe you will shame some wedding-goers into giving you some extra kiz-ashh. What's wrong with that??
mo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home