Don't Trash the 'Nati

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I received a mysterious notice that I had missed a UPS package today. All the exciting possibilities ran through my head...could it be the crock pot that I've been eyeing on my registry? I rushed out to the UPS warehouse to pick it up and had to wait for 30 minutes until the truck dropped it off. I couldn't even wait to get to my car to open it. I was a bit disappointed when I learned that it was from teach for america. It was a big box of reading...7 pounds to be exact. I was relieved to notice the enclosed booklet entitled "Pre-Institute Assignment" was by far the thinnest of all the booklets. However, my relief turned to fear when I realized that the whole box was my pre-institute assignment. I have approximately 1000 pages of reading to do in the next three months. On top of my full time job. Oh, and that little wedding thing I've been planning. And that week long honeymoon to Mexico. And packing for 7 weeks away from home. So that should be easy, right. Well, I have to find two days to observe classrooms as well. Oh, and I have to write 8 papers.

Soooo....I'm not really sure how this is all going to work. I suppose I should try and crank out as much as I can before the wedding, but this is not going to be a picnic.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM , Blogger Anne said...

Don't freak out. Skim what you can, just bring the rest with you. You won't get through it all, and they don't really expect that you will.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home