Don't Trash the 'Nati

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I had an interview today at the local Rape, Crisis and Abuse center. I tried not to think about it too much, perhaps subconciously trying to not get my hopes up only to be smashed into the ground.

Well, about an hour before the interview I began to panic and thought about all the questions they might ask and how I would respond and I was getting flustered thinking about how I would word my responces, you know, typical pre-interview panic mode.

I arrived with plenty of time to spare and filled out the obligatory application. The woman interviewing seemed very impressed and familiar with my resume and a few times asked me a question, only to say, "Oh, I didn't even need to ask that, I see you've done things like that before!" She even asked the Director of the organization to come in and meet me for about 15 minutes. Then they asked me to stand up and pretend I was doing a presentation in front of a group of college freshman. (Which I subsequently bombed, but they didn't seem to care.) They kept commenting on my experiences and how I knew my stuff and they wouldn't need to spend too much time training me. They even asked if I could "hypothetically, start on Friday." EEEEK! I asked some good questions and then at the end, I got a tour.

I really thought that I would never find such a fitting job right out of college, and who knows if I will get the offer, but I am completely excited about this organization and I know I would be a great fit there.

There will be a very happy post tomorrow if I hear back from them. I am also happy that I can go back to Michigan for the holidays with a real job to brag about. Take that ass-hole uncles who scoff at me and tell me I am living in an ivory tower, take that!

Now I am getting ahead of myself.

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Sending hopeful job vibes from Mr. and Mrs. Lolly and the Anipals in Mi...

 
At 2:20 AM , Blogger Linne said...

Good lock ! Thumbs up !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home