Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Anybody know what to do about a car alarm that keeps going and going and going. I woke up at 3:00am because a car alarm was going off right under my apartment. It wasn't the usual car alarm, it sounded like really loud robot noises. Beep.....Beep......Blip......Bloop.....Blip.....Beep......Beep......Beep.

I figured it would go off after a while, but 30 minutes later, it was still going. I looked out the window to see if I could figure out where it was coming from. (I forgot that you can't see sounds when I was so rudely awoken from my deep REM sleep.) It just kept going and going; all I could hear was this weird robot car alarm. Then I realized that if I turn on my sound machine loud enough, I might be able to drown out the car alarm. It worked, not perfectly, but at least I was able to fall back asleep. When Todd woke up at 7:00, he turned off the sound machine. Thanks Todd. The alarm was STILL going! I left my apartment just before 9am and it was STILL going! I found the car, it is an old white Civic with tinted windows and a Kentucky license plate. I have never seen it before on my street, and if the alarm is still going when I get home I am going to smash the window in.

Is there anything I can do? Can I have it towed? I mean, it is disturbing the peace and Cinci HAS to have some kind of noise ordinance. (Or maybe I just lived in East Lansing too long.)

I think I just may have to be one of those people who calls the local news "problem solvers" team. They get things done!

In other news, if I got married on MSU's campus at the Alumni Chapel, who would make fun of me? Laura and Emily...I am looking in your direction...

1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM , Blogger Pot and Lid said...

Oh my god kim, don't do it. I will FOR SURE make fun of you. Are you going to have your reception at the kellog center and do pictures by the river? do you want us to kick your ass?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home