Don't Trash the 'Nati

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I miss winter.

Cincinnati has had exactly 2 snow accumulations this winter. The first one was in December and caused mass panic. Todd's commute home from work, which normally takes 30 minutes took 210 minutes. (That's 3 1/2 hours!) The second accumulation (of less than an inch) was this past Saturday. It melted within 5 hours.

Winter seems longer somehow. I like winter, I like autumn, but somehow all the days blend together when they are all the same brown landscape. Cincinnati is very green and hilly in the summer, but in the winter, once the leaves have finally fallen, it's like perpetual November. Bleh.

I never thought the hardest part about moving would be missing winter. Sometimes Todd and I entertain the idea of staying put in Cinci. I think the lack of snow would drive me batty. I am more convinced that Minneapolis is where I want to be.

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

winter is a douche. drotar, i miss you, i'm sorry i am so rude, i've been ridiculously busy, can i call and harrass you this weekend?

 
At 5:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

winter in wisconsin has been completely unpredictable ... 45 degrees one day, negative ten the next. when it snows it snows for hours and hours, five inches at a time.

it's beautiful, and then it's all gone in three days.

last week we had a snow-thunderstorm.

lots and lots of people graduate from beloit and move to minneapolis. i may not be among them because i think it will be too cold. i used to think i was a winter person but damn, i've really been liking these 40-degree spells.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home