Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I believe that I dress fairly conservatively, but I am still 22 years old. I buy my clothes from a lot of chain stores that are age appropriate and tend to be more conservative and tailored. (i.e. Banana Republic, J.Crew, Ann Taylor and The Gap for basics) However, my place of employment has an extremely strict NO CLEVAGE policy. This is very stressful for me as I have to stand in front of the mirror each morning jumping around making sure that there is NO CLEVAGE whatsoever showing. I mean, I understand that our boss doesn't want boobs hanging out, but she has made people go home and change for wearing v-neck sweaters that give the illusion of a shadow of clevage.

Although I own a lot of V-neck shirts and button down business shirts that I have pretty much eliminated from my work wordrobe. I have have a size 34D chest and I am young so my breasts are perky and up high. Even if I don't think what I am wearing is vulgar, I have been told to "be careful." Even when I am wearing a camisole underneath! I've not been sent home to change (yet).

Tomorrow we are having our annual spring fund raiser. It is a nice event where we expect to raise about $35,000. All staff is required to be there and the attire is business (dressy suits) or cocktail dresses. You would NOT believe how hard it is to find something that doesn't show off clevage. I mean, if I am going to spend money on a new outfit it should be something I am going to wear again and makes me look good not like a dowdy old mono-boob. (Boatneck dresses make me look like I have an Anna Nicole Smith chest.) It's May so it's getting too warm for turtlenecks. I suppose I could rock the cardigan look since I do that at work all the time, but I feel like it's a bit too "librarian-esque" for a cocktail party. (No offense to librarians, I often describe my style as "librarian chic!")

AARRRRRGGGGG! Damn boss and her puritanical ways!

Looks like I'll be hitting ye olde mall this evening.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, that inn is so cute, I stayed there last valentine's day. It was wonderful and there is a cute little bakery/coffee shop in cork town that you should also try to make it to in your crazy full weekend. It is delicious!! (I will try to remember the name)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home