Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I found out that one of my college professors died this weekend from complications with knee surgury. There is a flowery obituary in the State News ( http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=36324 ). Is it horrible that my first reaction was, "Well, he was kind of an ass. Wait, I'm being too kind, he was a giant ass." (?)

I took a class with him called "The politics of Equality." That sounds like a good lefty class, right? WRONG. He spent a good chunk of time making fun of his wife and daughter, he was so sexist. He wrote belittling comments on my papers, chastising me for my "provocative" arguments and then going into great depth to belittle me. After the class was over and I received the lowest grade I had ever received in a James Madison class I wrote a letter to the Dean about what a horrid professor this man was. I never had the courage to actually send it, but it is still saved on my computer.

RIP Hoekstra, RIP.

1 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy's son stalked me in high school.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home