Don't Trash the 'Nati

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm kind of afraid to post this. I have this reputation as a hypochondriac; when I have a bad headache you can often find me googling "brain tumor." Granted, this isn't really an exaggerated fear of a grave illness. It hurts to sit.

Yesterday was the second time that I went to the YMCA "step" class. For those of you who are not familiar with "step" - it is like aerobics where you do cheesy dance moves and look kind of like this:

I went last week and it took a while to stop feeling like a tool and to start having fun. The music was so catchy and the instructor bore an intriguing resemblance to Richard Simmons. I decided to continue going to the class.

This week, however, the instructor decided that we should go on an "urban hike." This is the route we took: http://tinyurl.com/ja3mw Please note that it is nearly 6.5 miles at a very brisk speed. We walked across state lines and over three scary bridges with rushing Ohio and Licking Rivers underneath. Oh, and don't forget that everytime we came to a stairway, and believe me, we came to MANY stairways, the instructor had us run up and down the stairs three times. I was exhausted and my hands were swollen that afterward, when I tried to put my ring back on, it wouldn't even fit TO my knuckle. Of course, after the hike we still had to do some other exercises. Today my butt hurts so much that I can't even sit comfortably. My toes are sore because my feet are so wide that the baby toes were curling under my other toes and I was basically walking ON my toes.

I'm in such horrible shape but I think I'm sticking to step class. At least that way when I need to take a break I'm not 3 miles away from my car. No more urban hikes for me, thank you very much.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger Pot and Lid said...

do you wear an outfit like that one?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home