Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The thing about Gay Pride Parades is that they are so delightfully predictable in their stereotypes.

I had a great time at the Cincinnati Pride Parade. There were lots of little kids and we had some huge bags of jolly ranchers we were passing out to the kids. One man was so desprate for my "Lesbians Rights Now" sign that he offered to pay $5 for it.

We saw men wearing leather chaps, wiccan lesbians in velvet capes, middle-aged lesbians with mullets wearing shorts and drag queens wearing crowns and the highest platform heels ever. Of course we heard dance beats pumping through speakers, "We are family" and "I'm a slave for you."

And, because it is fun, here are the first 10 songs played when I put my new iPod on shuffle mode:
Send me some Lovin' - Buddy Holly
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - The Cardigans
I think I need a new heart - The Magnetic Fields (This song is now on a dog food commercial.)
Sun King - The Beatles
Hollywood Freaks - Beck
One Evening - Feist
You had time - Ani DiFranco
Meet me in the Bathroom - The Strokes
I saw her in the Anti-war Demonstration - Jens Lekman
Butter for the Soul - Cornershop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home