Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Yesterday I learned that I was going to be spending close to $800 on car repairs for my 2000 Alero with 47,000 miles on it. (I don't know why my car is this giant money pit.) The worst part is that it didn't even fix the two problems that I originally had with it. I paid all that money just to get my car to function. My car still rattles and the AC still sucks. (Not literally sucks in air, but it just barely works.) Anyway, my car is running and I should be happy that I had the money in my bank account to pay for it. All in all, it was the cherry on top of a bad day. Todd and I decided to go out to eat (because we have no groceries) and after going through the laundry list of our usual restraunts nothing sounded appealing.

"You know what sounds good?" I said. "Chain restraunt food."
Todd looked at me quizzically, "Like Applebees?"
"YEAH!"
(Two or three years ago Todd and I pretty much swore off these chain restraunts so this comes as an unusual request.)
After wracking our brain to find a generic restraunt I remembered the TGI Friday's in Hyde Park and we headed out.

How was my meal? Well, I remember why we swore off chain restraunts. Even the water tasted bad. Everything was so...uninspired.

Todd and I went to the Jens Lekman concert last night at the Southgate House in Kentucky. I've really been digging his music lately. Even though I was not in the mood to go out last night we had a great time. The music was lovely and fun and catchy. His back-up band was adorable. It was made up of six young Swedish women in white vintage dresses. After the show we talked to Jens who was very humble, sincere and very very normal. I think I have a crush.

Today I had a lunch meeting with a woman who, in a great stroke of irony, suggested we meet at TGI Friday's in Hyde Park for our meeting. Twice in less than 24 hours! I skipped the water this time.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Hey Kim-
sorry about your car. I have had probs with my Olds, too- and it only has 78,000 miles on it. Meanwhile, K's Toyota has 150,000 miles on it and we have never had to pay for a single repair in the 4 yrs that he has owned it.

Did we go to that TGIFs together last time I came out to visit? Or was it Ruby Tuesday's?

 
At 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home