Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, June 26, 2006

Cincinnati is home to the strangest tourist attraction in the Northern Hemisphere. For a mere $59.95 you can climb the Purple People Pedestrian Bridge. (And wear a snazzy purple and yellow jumpsuit! Awesome!)

That picture might not look very scary, but trust me, it to really scary. You might be hooked up to $2000 worth of safety gear per person but I personally refuse to do anything like this unless I am hooked up to at least $4000 worth of safety gear. A little hand rail and a harness do nothing for my peace of mind.

I was near the Purple People Bridge this weekend and watched some of the climbers from below. I was getting vertigo just watching them. Although I did squeal with glee everytime I saw their purple and yellow jumpsuits scuffling along the top of the bridge.

Apparently this is the first bridge climb in the Northern Hemisphere. I think there are one or two in Australia/New Zealand and one in South America. So if you're in the Cincinnati area this summer (visiting me?) Be sure to reserve your climb. I'll wave to you from down below on the safety of the shore.

1 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

No thank you. I personally would rather vist the Underground Railroad Museum than dangle from a bridge.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home