Don't Trash the 'Nati

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I am planning on participating in NaBloPoMo this month. For those of you who are not internet savvy, that means National Blog Posting Month. That means that you can bookmark my blog and expect a juicy tidbit from my life each and every day.

I have become increasingly annoyed with my co-workers lately. But really, what else is new? It's been easier to let things roll off my back because I have realized that there are no consequences for any actions and therefore nothing I do, good or bad, is really going to have any impact on my job. I've begun the process of applying for Teach for America and I hope to be living in Philadelphia next year at this time teaching Middle School History and stuffing my face on cheesesteaks. Mmmm, cheesesteaks....

My "employee," the woman who I supposedly supervise, is driving me nutso. She conveniently has doctors appointments every single time I ever need her to do an evening presentation. Apparently now she needs knee surgery. Do I not sound sympathetic? Yeah, well, I'm not feeling so sympathetic. So even though she booked a presentation 6 weeks ago for this evening, she told me on Monday that she had scheduled a doctors appointment this afternoon...which meant that I would have to work late...as usual. I was completely dreading this and since karma owes me one, I got a phone call 30 minutes before I was going to leave telling me that the teacher was going home ill and I didn't have to go. Hurray!

Todd also introduced me to a band this week called Nouvelle Vague which is quickly becoming a favorite. They do this great Bossa Nova cover of Dancing With Myself. It's addictive; I can't get enough of it.

Well, I'm off like a dirty shirt. Catch me tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nouvelle vague is pretty great.

I've been thinking a lot about teach for america and my ideas about it (that it's great!) have changed drastically (maybe it's not so great!) over the past few weeks. I have some friends teaching for them and the whole thing just makes me really leery.

glad to know that you'll be posting a lot though! I love reading your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home