Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yesterday was a great day for music. My emusic subscription reset yesterday, so I was able to get my monthly 65 downloads. Then, in the mail, my BMG music club order arrived, along with 5 lala CDs. Here's all my new music:
Loretta Lynn - The Definitive Collection
Dolly Parton - The Essential Dolly Parton (Uggh, mostly it's her 80's stuff...Not essential)
Michael Jackson - Number Ones
Elton John - Greatest Hits Volume 2 (Todd informed me that I got hosed on this one, all his really great hits are on volume one. I concur.)
Liz Phair - Whip Smart
Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville
Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
Al Bowlly - Love is the Sweetest Thing
M. Ward - Post War
Holly Golightly - Down The Line
Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit (I've boycotted Belle & Sebastian for a long time, but I thought I would give them another try)
Yo La Tengo - I am not Afraid of you and I will beat your ass
Sarah Harmer - You Were Here
Saint Etienne - Foxbase Alpha
The Concretes - Layyourbattleaxdown

That should keep me busy for another few weeks. I'm kind of in an old country kick right now. I really want to get some Dolly Parton & Porter Wagoner. The Loretta Lynn is FANTASTIC. Of my god, she is awesome!

This weekend Todd and I registered for gifts for the wedding at Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. It was a strange experience; I was really looking forward to it, but when it came down to it, I was kind of disappointed. The "consultants" were really annoying; they really pushed the whole "special day" aspect. They just droned on and on about the use for different knives (which are like $70 a piece!) or the difference between fine china, casual china and everyday plates. As if we have a need or space for three full sets of dishes. If you do take a look at the registries, please do not laugh at the Macy's one. We put a few fancy candle holders and serving platters on there just so we had some things that were "special" and non-useful. I know they are hella expensive and we really don't expect to get them. Please don't judge us. I just wanted some nice sheets and a kitchen aid mixer...

2 Comments:

At 11:10 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

St. Ettienne are from my day! I had Foxbase Alpha ON CASSETTE. So Tough and The Best of are really good too...

 
At 1:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you like Porter, Dolly, Loretta, etc you should check out my 'myspace' site for some inside info:
www.myspace.com/patrickscottmunn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home