Don't Trash the 'Nati

Thursday, May 17, 2007

AWESOME! After yesterday, which was one of the worst days of my life (don't ask, but everything seemed to go wrong) I have been having a great day today! I love it when this happens.

I got a call from TFA saying that they had a contract ready to go for me! This makes me officially the first 2007 corps member with a placement. WOOHOO! No word yet on the grade level or the salary (grumble grumble) but the contract will be in the mail today and will likely include that stuff. The not-so-good news is that I will be teaching at a charter school, which I am iffy about, however it is cool because this school separates students by gender. They will have a third grade classroom of all girls and one of all boys. Isn't that perfect for me? Of course I would like to teach the girls but I don't think I would care if I were assigned to teach the males. It will be so interesting to be able to teach without worrying about the gender dynamics between students. I don't think I would even mind teaching the older kids if they were split by gender.

The school will be brand new construction and a brand new school so we might have some nicer classrooms but we will also be creating the school as we go along, which will be its own challenge.

Yay! Ms. D has a nice ring to it. I'm so excited (and flattered)!

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, Ms. D! How exciting!!

I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home