Don't Trash the 'Nati

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I heard a rumor that Over the Rhine (my neighborhood) was filmed in the "urban wasteland" scenes of the movie Traffic. Since I own Traffic and have not watched it in about 3 years, I decided to spend my Sunday evening looking for my neighborhood.

They were right! I noticed some familiar buildings, a sign that said "Vine Street" and then, at one point, Michael Douglass and Topher Grace were walking down 12th street and I could see Main Street in the distance and a Old St. Mary's (a familiar church and pregnancy center). Here is a map connecting my apartment to the scene in the neighborhood. http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&saddr=1200+Vine+Street,+Cincinnati,+OH+45202&daddr=1347+Main+Street,+Cincinnati,+OH+45202&hl=en

Late yesterday Todd and I heard a ruckus coming from the bar nextdoor. This was unusual as we can generally never hear their noise. We went to Coopers for Brunch (yes, they are a bar that serves brunch...you have a problem with that?) and asked what was going on last night. The waitress looked at us with all seriousness and said, "you should have come down...we had jello wrestling on the patio."

Why didn't we guess it was Jello Wrestling? Ahhh, I love you Cincinnati.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home