Don't Trash the 'Nati

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I went to the zoo with Todd today. We couldn't figure out why the directions from the Cinci Zoo website were so incorrect, and were cursing the existence of the Cincinnati Zoo until we got home and realized that Todd had written down half the directions from our apartment and half the directions from another way. FOILED AGAIN!

I was looking forward to the penguin exhibit, but it was disappointing. I now have a love for Gorillas. The Cincinnati Zoo is the leading Gorilla observatory, or whatever, in the country and they have a Gorilla Cam... http://www.aroundcinci.com/icams/gorilla/

Yesterday I went out to dinner and a movie with the book club ladies. It was so nice to be surrounded by female energy for an evening. Most everyone was so positive and funny and smart and energetic, I just loved being around them. It's great to be able to entirely re-invent yourself, and be whoever you want without preconceived notions or cliques to hold you back. I had an absolutely wonderful evening and look forward to more time spent with Courtney, Melody, Molly and Abby.

When I got home I had a phone message from Mike from Premier Services Support Management...they want me to come in for a second interview on Friday! The pressure is off, somewhat, because this isn't my dream job. The perks however, are, it is a job in Human Resources, which is a field that I could easily pursue and make a career out of; I would get to travel 50% of the time through their region, which is 23 states (!!!!); traveling implies that I would be given a lot of responsibility, which is wonderful for future job pursuits; I'm sure it would also pay VERY well, probably more money than I would know what to do with. The cons: I would be traveling 50% of the time through 23 states...this means that my life totally revolves around my job; car parts? What do I know about car parts?; I would be visiting industrial areas and factories...Kim in a factory is a funny site...imagine me with a hard hat...hahahaha!

2 Comments:

At 1:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger Dana K said...

Kim, I am sure you would look very fetching in a hard hat (originally typed "with a hard hat on", but that was just a little too close to "with a hard on.")

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home