Don't Trash the 'Nati

Friday, June 16, 2006

I went to Columbus yesterday for my networking meeting/workshop of sexual assault prevention. There were some great presentations and now I am all inspired to make changes and add programs to my job responsibilities. Isn't it awesome that I can just go to my boss and say, "hey, I got this idea, can I do it." Then she will look at me funny and "say, of course, do whatever you want. Anything you need from me?" God, I HAVE AN AWESOME JOB.

Today I get a day off work since I've been working until 9 every night this week and coming in on Saturdays. Even though it's my day off, I've spent the last hour sending work related e-mails.

There were two instances that soured my workshop experience. When I arrived at the meeting, I signed in and randomly sit down next to somebody. We started chatting, as is required of these things. She asked where I was from and I told her where I worked in Cincinnati. She immediately made a face and said "Ew, that's such an ugly city." Excuse me? That is such a rude thing to say. Of course, I had to defend the 'nati. "You really think so? I think it is such a pretty city. I can see how you would think it was ugly from the expressway but it undeniably beautiful if you go into the city." "Well, I had a boyfriend there so I used to spend a lot of time there. It's so dirty, I hate it." Okay, bitch, I've tried to be nice. "Well I think it has a lot to offer and I think it is one of the prettiest cities I've ever been to." Later on, another woman (from the same place as the first woman) asked where I was from and I told her, Cincinnati. She made a face and said "Uhg, you couldn't PAY me enough to live there." When I attempted to defend the city, she just shook her head at me. Well, bitch, the feeling is mutual. I wouldn't want to live in Fucking New Philadelphia, Ohio. Where is New Philidelphia Ohio, you ask? MY POINT EXACTLY. Apparently people in New Philidelphia, Ohio haven't learned basic manners.

On my way back to Cinci I stopped at an outlet mall. Please note that this outlet mall has an SAS shoe store. If you don't know what that is, it's fine, I can't really explain. It's just the most popular brand of shoe at the Cobbler Bench. Keep in mind that the clients at the Cobblers Bench tend to be between the age of 35 and death so you can imagine the glorious styles that we sold.

The outlet mall also had a BIBLE OUTLET. I am not joking. I cannot make this stuff up. What exactly do you find at the bible outlet. A bible missing the Old Testament? Ooops, this one has an 11th commandment. Hey, this one says it's OKAY to be gay, better send it to the outlet! Now I kind of wish I went in to check it out.

Ohio, you are so funny sometime. I am so amused.

For the record, Cincinnati is NOT ugly. Dirty, maybe, but not ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home