Don't Trash the 'Nati

Monday, November 06, 2006

Last week I got a letter from the City of Lansing. I eagerly ripped open the letter, expecting my refund check...instead I got a very official looking letter insisting that I call them to confim my address from 2005. Grrr. I had to sit down and attempt to remember my address from 2005. I called this morning to confirm my address only to learn that I had not lived in Lansing, I lived in Delhi Township. News to me! I should be expecting a $42 refund check next week from Lansing. So thank you City of Lansing for that plesant surprise. You RAWK! Now, what do I spend my $42 on?

This weekend Todd and I went to see the Borat movie. We've been frothing at the mouth in anticipation for this movie, which is always a set up for dissapointment. The reviews were glowing, but entirely undeserved. The charm of the Borat character is watching the well meaning, polite Americans stifle their discomfort. You can't do that in a movie. I spent much of the movie trying to figure out if the people we "in" in the joke or not. But I still love Borat!

Also this weekend, the female members of our wedding party have purchased their dresses, so there is no turning back now! We've got other people who are spending money now, I guess we have to really get married. My mom tried to convince me that I have to select matching shoes for all the bridesmaids. Errr, no. Or at least a matching color... Please tell my mother that this is entirely not necessary. Now my aunt is in on it, too. MATCHING SHOES ARE NOT A REQUIREMENT (especially when the dresses don't even match).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home