Don't Trash the 'Nati

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

By this time today my TFA interview should be nearly over. Instead, I am still in my pyjamas. Why, you ask? Because the ice/snow storm last night closed the University where the interview was scheduled. (They called to tell me the interview was cancelled) I'm partially relieved because I didn't have to drive on the icy roads, but now I have this whole unknown factor. I am going to have to take another day off work, hopefully I can take the time off work for whenever they reschedule the interview.

Work was cancelled today but I had plans to take the day off anyway. I worked all day Saturday so I could have today off without using my time off. I told my boss I needed this day off weeks ago. And now I've gotten 3 phone calls from my boss and boss' boss asking for things they need before Thursday that I do not have access to. I asked them to send me e-mails and I would respond when I am back technically working.

They are working on a grant, and, call my crazy, shouldn't they have asked me more than 2 days before they need something from me. Forget my schedule! Now I have to rearrange everything around so I go through huge filing cabinets to collect the info that they need. And, of course, my boss' boss said "I didn't want to ask you last minute." I looked at her funny and said, but this is the last minute. I think that giving me 2 days is last minute when they have known about this report for an entire year.

AAAH! I am looking forward to getting out of this place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home